"Watercolour" Cupcake

Well hello again and good morning!

Today I'm sharing a simple card with you.  Sometimes, when inspiration hits, you find that your elements are so great that you don't need to add a whole lot else.  That's what happened to me with this one.


I wanted to take a spin with my new Mama Elephant Carnival Cupcakes so I started by stamping my cupcake on some white card stock.  The base is stamped in Mama Elephant Brown Sugar pigment ink.  I then coloured in the band with my Tim Holtz Worn Lipstick Distress Marker and topped it off with some Glossy Accents to make it look more like a ribbon. 

The top of the cupcake was stamped with my Vintage Photo Distress Marker and then lightly water coloured with my Wild Honey Distress Marker.  The icing was stamped on a piece of white card stock with my Mama Elephant Apricot pigment ink.  To create a bit of sparkle, I ran some glossy accents along my icing waves and then applied some clear chunky glitter. The glossy accents hold quite well once dry and worked perfectly for this technique.  Once dry, I cut out the icing and adhered it to the cupcake using a bit of foam tape to add dimension.


The sentiment was stamped using my Mama Elephant Apricot ink and heat embossed with some Kaleidoscope embossing powder (did you know pigment ink is embossable?!?!?! You get such great embossed colours this way without having to buy a ton of coloured powders!!)  

I used a watercolour card base so that I could easily create a watercolour look for my background.  To achieve this, I laid down some Worn Lipstick Distress Marker on my craft mat and then picked up the colour with a wet watercolour brush and applied the colour in strokes to my card face.  While the Distress Markers are great at giving a watercolour effect, I have found that they work better when only applied wet to your paper. In other words, if you apply the marker to your card and then try to go over it with water, the only thing that will likely move is your paper as it pills..  

Once my cupcake was affixed to the card face I was all done!  This card was quite simple to put together.  The most time consuming part was fussy cutting the cupcake and icing (I don't have the co-ordinating dies ...yet).  Speaking of shopping, I have placed a couple of orders lately, including some amazing sentiments, some organizational goodies and a planner (YAY!).  I can't wait to share them with you once they arrive.

Have you ordered any fun goodies lately?  The January and February releases have been soooo inspiring this year.  My wallet is hoping that March through September is less so :p.  If you have picked up any of the new stamps, dies, inks, or planners, I'd love to hear what you chose and see how you've used them!

Well, that's it for me today.  Thanks so much for stopping by! Wishing you a great Tuesday full of laughter, love and crafty creations.

With love,



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98