Thanks for Thinking of Me

Good morning (for those of you on the west coast)!

Today's card is simple but stunning (IMO).   When I first picked up this Blueprint Sketch distress ink mini, I was truly in love with it.  I just love the shade of blue and how bright and vibrant it is.  So when I started dreaming up this card I knew had to use it.


This card started out as some stencil playtime which went quite well. To make the background panel, I applied my mini ink pad directly to the paper.  Initially this was a (almost) single layer card but with the direct to paper method, some of the ink seeped through so I cut the front panel and attached it to a clean card base.



 

My sentiment piece was created again using the direct to paper method and then heat embossing the sentiment with some white embossing powder.

This was actually a very simple card to put together but I really love how it came out.  Thank you for letting me share this with you.  Wishing you lots of inky time in your craft room and lots of love and laughter with your family and friends.

 

18 comments:

  1. That is BLUE! What a gorgeous colour and what a gorgeous card - you should be rightly proud of it. It's simple and effective. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98