More Than There Are Stars In The Sky...

Good morning! 

How's your weekend going? If it's anything like mine, you're running errands and checking things off that to-do list.  As our wedding approaches, our weekends seem to be spent more and more on wedding tasks.  But who can complain when you're picking sunny honeymoon destinations, choosing beautiful flowers, eating yummy cake and creating invitations and favor boxes!! I'm definately not complaining and luckily, my hubs to be is into it too so we get some couple's time out of it as well. Bonus!!

Today I thought I'd share a card with you that's a tad more masculine, but still FULL of love.


I've been looking at wood grain stamp backgrounds for a while now, but with some of my more recent purchases (*hint hint! elephants!!!*) I couldn't bring myself to get one at full price.  With Valentine's having just passed, I was poking around the discount holiday stock at my local box store when I came across this great wood grain background stamp!! At half off plus an additional 25% off, how could I say no?!?! So home it came.  What you can't see on this card is that the knots are discreet hearts, which I just love.  I'll be sure to showcase the full stamp on some later projects.


I created my card face with some kraft cardstock which I diecut with my Simon Says Stamp ("SSS") rectangle die and stamped my background with white ink.  I really liked how the white ink allowed the wood grain to stand out. Next I diecut some vellum with my SSS Stitched Rectangles and stamped my sentiment in some dark brown ink. After adhering my vellum to the card face, I added a red diecut heart with some foam tape to frame my sentiment.  Once complete, I adhered the kraft panel askew to my heavy card base, and voila! 

I hope you enjoyed my lovey-dovey post on this (cold) but beautifully sunny Sunday.  Here's hoping a whole lot of this sunshine makes its way over to the east coast to thaw you out!

Hugs until next time.

With love,




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98