Sending Hugs

 Morning!!

Okay so today is another quickie.  I'm not sure what it is but lately I've found myself in a bit of a creative rut.  I say "bit of" because I have TONS of fun ideas, but when it comes to finishing off my creations, I hit a wall!  I've got probably half a dozen partial cards on my table just waiting for that spark to get them done.  Those of you who follow me on Instagram may have noticed I just received my much anticipated Papertrey Ink order which included the Big Hugs stamps and dies which i've been coveting for months!  Luckily for me those sets inspired me to finish one of my partially done ideas and I must say that I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.


I created the card base on a random whim when inspired by my new Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circles.  After choosing my colours I arranged the circles above and below each other.  Once I was happy with the placement I took a pic so I could remember where I had placed everything and then adhered my circles with some glossy accents.  


I wanted to add a touch of bling so I was soo excited to discover that my current sequin collection had all three of my colours.  I chose to overlay my sequins on my circles to add bling without further circles.  Once that was all dry, I stamped my sentiment and overlaid my angled vellum cut to apply my die cut hugs onto.


And of course, I couldn't forget the inside!  I did a simple repeat of my circles on the inside and added a touch of Wink of Stella to the middle circle for a bit of sparkle.  I love how heartwarming this sentiment is.

One of the most anticipated items in my Papertrey Ink haul was the planner!  I've been on the lookout for a planner and the past couple of months have been nuts without one.  I love electronics and am pretty handy with them but there are sometimes that paper just can't be replaced...scheduling is definitely one of them for me!


For those of you who are contemplating the planner, I thought I'd share a peek of the weekly spread which I've started working on with my flags and stamps.  So far...I'm loving it!  I'm really loving the journalling feel to the daily pages.  


Well, that's it for this Tuesday!  Looking forward to getting a chance to play a bit so I can share some more ideas with you!  Have any of you used the Big Hugs stamps or dies?  I'd love to hear what you've done with them.  They seem to be such fun and heartfelt sets!

Challenges:



Wishing you a beautiful day filled with laughter.

With love,





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98