A Non-Traditional Christmas (card)

Hey there!

This Sunday is a quick post while in the midst of meal prep for the week.  The menu? Portuguese Fish Supper, Vegan Black Bean Chili and Baked Garlic Sausage and Spinach Rigatoni.  My place smells AMAZING right now... the hardest part will be deciding which one to eat for dinner tonight.  Too many choices I guess.

On the card front, I wanted to show you a Christmas card I designed.  It is quite non-traditional in its colours and designs.  It was inspired by a girlfriend of mine.  She is very light hearted and fun.  Always a smile on her face and warmth in her embrace.  She just reminds me of a beautiful summer day.  This card was also inspired by a paper pad I picked up at a box store a few months back and ironically enough, I seem to only have inspiration for this one friend's cards from it!  


I used the shaker idea to make the small windows in the card with raised acetate, but left them free of glitter and sequins so the gold accents could shine through.  The deer and mini trees were cut using my Cricut.  The deer was accented with some dark brown marker and the trees with white to give them a tad more dimension.


I've never been to california at christmas but this card is how I imagine it would feel.  Fresh and gold and fun!  I hope you enjoyed this quicky.  Hopefully I'll be back soon with some details on my most recent order from Papertrey Ink... can you tell i'm excited!?!?

I'm entering this card in the following challenge:



Happy week prep!  

With love,


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98