Doodling Cards

Happy Thursday!

If you've been following me on Instagram, then you'll know that i've been participating in Kathy Racoosin's 30 day colouring challenge.  If you haven't checked it out yet, you definitely should.  Colouring is so soothing and expressive and with dozens of mediums to choose from, there's a little something for everyone.

Earlier in the challenge, Kathy suggested a doodling technique using a pen and a roll of masking tape.    I gave it a try with a roll of wash tape and love what I came up with.  After staring at it for over a week, I knew I wanted to make a card from it.  



This was fairly simple to create but the time and love that went into illustrating the design just makes this one special.  I used my stitched rectangles to die cut my drawing and then used the next larger dies to cut some chocolate and then some linen printed card stock.  I offset my layers to create a bit of contrast.


With all the love I put into this one, I thought i'd turn it into a love note.  With a bit of masked stamping and some gold embossing powder, this one was done!


Supplies:
Dies - Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles
Stamps - Heidi Swapp Stamp & Stencil Set, Love You
Inks - Versamark Watermark Ink; Spectrum Noir IG1, BT2, FS3, PP5; Copic Multi Liner, black
Other - Recollections Tinsel Embossing Powder, Gold

Thanks so much for stopping in!  Sending love and hugs until next time,


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98