Happy, Happy Birthday!

Hey there!

For today's post, I'd like to share a birthday card I created using a vellum overlay technique that I've been seeing all over the place. I just love how vellum can soften a pattern and make a busy backdrop just calm enough to frame your central sentiment.


I started this one by stamping some balloons from the WPlus9 Unforgettable stamp set with the new Simon Says Stamp Pale Blush Pink dye ink. I used masking paper to allow me to create a bit of dimension with the balloons. Next, I used my Spectrum Noir markers to color in the balloons.


For my sentiment, I cut some vellum to the same height as my card face and trimmed it down to make a 2.5" strip. I then used my powder tool to prepare the surface before stamping this great Papertrey Ink sentiment with Versamark watermark ink.


I heat embossed my sentiment with some gold tinsel embossing powder  and then ran my edges along my Versamark ink pad and applied the tinsel embossing powder there as well and heat set it for a nice, sparkly trim.  I used the Ranger Multi-matte medium behind the vellum to attach it to the card face which seems to be pretty invisible once dry.

I hope you enjoyed this quick and fun birthday card! Wishing you a great start to your week and sending hugs until next time!



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98