On a Floral Note..

Hey there!

Lately I've really been enjoying the stamps I picked up in my last haul. My method of preference has been to heat emboss them on watercolor paper and the paint away! That's how this newest card came into being.


I started off by heat embossing  The florals from the WPlus9 Botanical Bunch stamp set with some gold tinsel embossing powder. Once set, I pulled out my Peerless as well as my cheapie pearlescent water colors. For my deep colors, I've used the Peerless colours where I want more of a shadowed look and then blended it out with the lighter pearlescent paints. I love the way the two mixed.



To create my background, I diecut some light brown paper with my Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles. Next, I glued some striped vellum over some white card stock and adhered my water-colour piece in the centre. I popped that up over the light brown rectangle with some foam tape and adhered it all to a white, top-folded card base. 

I decided to leave this one as is, without a sentiment, because there are so many occasions where I think this card would be perfect.



Thanks so much for stopping in!  Have you caught the watercolor bug yet? If not, you should give it a try! I'm finding it very therapeutic.

I hope this post inspires you to dabble with some paint! Sending hugs until next time,


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98