Happy Easter

Good morning and happy Easter!

Wherever this post finds you, I hope you're surrounded by family, friends and laughter.  Today's post is a quickie for me as I'm on the road visiting the in laws for dinner and some good ol'fashioned family time.

A couple of months ago I mentioned that I had started a card swap with a friend who also lives in BC but lives too far to see all the time. This time, the theme was up to her and her choice was Easter! I have to admit, I was quite excited by her choice but as soon as I sat down to create, I realized how little I had in my stash.  I had colored the bunny from the Mama Elephant Birthday Cupcakes set for the 30 day coloring challenge and decided to use the lightest one. I had also colored some leaves that I found in my stash for the coloring challenge and decided to integrate those into my card face as well.


I was pretty sure that I wanted to have eggs on my card but I had no eggs or ovals in either my stamps or dies! So I decided to dust off my Cricut and see what basic shapes I could come up with. 


While cutting some ovals, I thought perhaps I could create a stencil with some acetate. I was so pleased when it worked. I used my mini ink blending tool and some Apricot Mama Elephant pigment ink to blend my egg onto my card face.


So there you have it! An Easter card created using what I had around. After making the egg stencil, I've had lots of ideas for other stencil ideas which I'm hoping to have a chance to create in the near future.

This card is being entered into the following Challenges:



Please click on the link above to learn more about this challenge and the wonderful folks who run it!

Supplies:
Stamps - Mama Elephant, Carnival Cupcakes;
Inks - Mama Elephant, Apricot Pigment Ink; Spectrum Noir Markers
Other - Cricut, Create Personal Diecutting Machine; Ranger, Glossy Accents;


Well, thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your Easter weekend with me. Sending hugs until next time,


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98