When in doubt, organize!

With my wedding upcoming, I've been missing my craft space immensely! Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of crafty elements for the wedding (really, how could there not be?!) but as I typically do one-off cards, the open creativity just isn't there.  So in the few moments I have to craft freely, I really need to be on my game as time is of the essence. How do I do that?! Organization of course!

I craft in a little nook that my hubby-to-be (HTB) created for me by pushing our dining room table up to the wall, leaving a corner nook of approximately 5.5 x 2 feet. Small huh! But the fact that he's come up with the idea and created this little space for me means more than words can say and it really is one of my favorite places in our apartment. 


With me in my little corner (yes - within that tiny 5.5x2) is my ikea Alex drawer unit.  I've had this drawer unit for a few years now but it's only in the past few months that I've really started using it to its fullest potential. I recently undertook a re-organization project using a lot of foam core board and wow is that stuff amazing!  Here is a sneak of my drawer organization..


The centre drawer holds all my pre-cut cardstock which I've had cut down to 4.25x5.5 inches. The left side are single panels and the right side holds folded cards. Unfortunately I don't love this paper for card bases so I won't be using many of those folded sheets for card bases (ps - any recommendations for card base cardstock??). I created the dividers for the paper drawer using core foam board and a hot glue gun. Once my design and measurements were done, it was easy to assemble!  Here's a closeup of the paper drawer in case your curious.


Because space is at such a premium for me, I've built up some shelving for my ink pads and markers above my Alex using some foam core board. This was quite the project, but totally worth it in the end. I just wish I hadn't done it on one of the hottest days of the year thus far!! (HTB thought I was nuts but ambitious!)

Well, I hope you've enjoyed this peek into my craft space. I'll be back soon with some of my smaller organizational systems which do wonders for me as far as knowing what I have and making sure I use it.

On a side note, I must apologize for the quality of my photos on here as of late. I've been using the iPhone app and its playing games with my picture quality :(. If any of you have had good experience with any blogging apps I'd love to hear about it! In the meantime, I often post my projects on Instagram (@lolovan) so feel free to pop over there and check out my feed. If you're not on Instagram, you need to check it out! It is such an amazingly inspiring and supportive group of crafters there from all over the world. 

A big thanks for stopping by and staying with me as my schedule gets crazy with bridal events. Thank you so much for your support - it means the world to me!

I hope you're enjoying your weekend and to my friends and family south of the Canadian border - happy Independence Day weekend!

Sending hugs until next time!
~Lolo

4 comments:

  1. Love what you've done! I also have a bit of a wall maybe 6.5 feet by 2 so am looking for solutions. The Alex drawer looks really good! Thanks for sharing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Lolo, that looks amazing...fabulous work area!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your craft space! I love that it's small and cozy. Look forward to seeing your organization posts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98