Thinking of You

Good morning!

I hope your morning coffee is treating you well!  Again, i'm totally on a colour kick over here (and cannot wait to find our new home so I can finally have a studio!).  The card i'm sharing today was the product of some inspiration I had a while ago but lost my mojo on part way through.  Some of you may have seen a little sneak peek of some of the elements back when dinosaurs roamed the earth (lol) but I finally pulled it all together!


The inspiration for this card came from the Simon Says Stamp (SSS) Sending Happy Thoughts set.  When I saw those tiny envelopes, I knew I wanted a bunch of them.  They're just so cute! After stamping them multiple times, i coloured them in with my Spectrum Noir Markers and played around with the layout until I got them to a place I liked.


My background was created with some Peerless watercolors both painted and tapped off while the sheet was still wet to get a softer look.  Once dry, I aligned my little notes along the bottom and adhered them at different heights with some foam tape.  My greeting is from the same set and was stamped in some Memento Tuxedo Black ink for a nice clean impression.


When trying to find a mat for this one, I didn't have any colours that I loved so I went ahead and took some of my Hammermill paper and coloured the edge with my Spectrum Noirs to tie the colours together.  To finish this one off with a  bit of sparkle, I popped in some clear and iridescent sequins around the face and envelopes.  And there you go!  I really love how this one turned out and am thinking of making a similar series.  And since I didn't use anything but plain 'ol white paper....

This card is being entered into the following challenge:

Please click the link above to learn more about this challenge and the wonderful folks who run it!

I hope you were inspired by today's card. If you are, I'd love to see what you create! 

Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting :)

~Lolo

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!!! I love what you've done with those little envelopes - they are so adorable! It just works so well together. So glad you got the time to bring it altogether :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Lolo, a lovely design with a super watercoloured background and great with the little envelopes with the perfect sentiment!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Classes & Workshops

2015

2015

Pages

Lawnscaping Challenge - No. 98